I have over 15 years commercial writing experience across print and online mediums. I have written and edited ranges of marketing collateral, sales collateral, newsletters, case studies, by-lined articles, media analysis reports, executive reports, annual reports, white papers, messaging and positioning documents, presentations and speeches, advertisements, websites, blogs, features and scripts.
Writing and editing experience
- I have been published as a freelance writer in Australia, England and America, and have written about topics as diverse as information management, systems management, network security, supply chain management, biometrics, consumer technology, marketing, public relations, media monitoring and measurement, digital video and photography, stop motion animation, travel, personal development, productivity and holistic therapies.
- I have authored and edited regular print and electronic newsletters and customer communications for TechnologyOne, GlobalX, Shortcuts, Dow Jones, Factiva and Integrated Research, which have been circulated to thousands of clients and prospects in Australia and the Asia Pacific region.
- I have written by-lined articles and opinion pieces on behalf of senior executives at TechnologyOne, GlobalX, Shortcuts, Dow Jones, Factiva, Oracle Australia, Toshiba Australia and other employers and clients.
- I developed, revamped, standardised and/or edited complete ranges of marketing collateral for TechnologyOne, GlobalX, Shortcuts Software, Revive Holistic Marketing and Integrated Research.
Samples from my portfolio
Below is small sample of the work I can share publicly.
Websites (Copywriting, editing, managed design teams)
- A Surplice of Spirit (2016) – I designed the entire site and create all content, including weekly written blog post and daily card readings, plus related social media content
- Highflying Marketers (2014) – I designed the entire site and create all content, including weekly written blog post and inspirational photo quote, plus related social media content
- TechnologyOne website (2014)
- Open Practice website (2012)
- UrbisPro community website (2012)
- GlobalX corporate website (2011)
- Fairfax eCommerce (2008)
- From August 2013 to August 2015, I actively managed the development and distribution of TechnologyOne’s media releases (and related media relations).
- I was involved with the development and distribution of Factiva’s media releases (and related media relations) throughout 2005-2007. Some highlights include:
- Factiva Media Visibility Index to provide daily UK election media analysis
- Blair and Chelsea Dominate Media Coverage over Howard and Iraq According to the Factiva Insight Media Monitor
- The ‘British People are Boss’ as Education and Health continue to top issues in the General Election according to Factiva Insight Media Monitor
Financial Communications (I oversaw production of TechnologyOne’s financial reports, all of which are produced in-house)
- TechnologyOne 2015 Half Year Report
- TechnologyOne 2014 Half Year Report and Full Year Report 2014
- TechnologyOne 2013 Annual Report
Features & Blog Posts
I occasionally guest blog for other sites. Some of my recent guest blog posts include:
I currently blog weekly at A Surplice of Spirit about crystals, oracle cards, natural health and personal development. Below is a selection of posts from my current and past blogs.
Holistic therapies, wellness and personal development
- How to create sacred spaces for your soul
- Help! How do I identify this crystal?
- Do pendulums really have all the answers?
- 18 crystals for energetic and electromagnetic protection
- Harness the power of crystals with crystal grids
- Why holistic therapists need to network
- Revive launches innovative new marketing workshops for holistic therapists
- Generating interest at events with seated massage
- Infatuated by shakuhachi
- Reading the feet – reflexology reveals all
- Mapping massage qualifications across countries – not as straightforward as you would think!
- The Great Soapy Turkish Hamam Adventure
- What’s your dominant Chakra?
- A colourful life – Aura Soma can reveal all!
- Relaxing through meditation
- Ayurvedic massage in Bratislava’s Old Town
- The road to massage…Part 1
Marketing skills, marketing skills and marketing tools:
- Energise your morning routine to create a fantastic day
- How to tame your marketing to do list with Asana
- How marketers can find peace in a frantic day
- 10 of the best marketing and PR resources to boost your skills
- Why lifelong learning is so important for marketers
- How blogging will make you a better marketer
- How stressed out marketers can get more done
- Check out HubSpot’s free Inbound Marketing Certification
- 10 awesome marketing blogs every marketer should read
- Why joining a professional marketing association is a great career move
- Ditch resolutions and make real goals for your marketing career in 2015
- How marketers can get organised with Evernote
- How Feedly helps marketers keep up to date
- 7 key skills new marketers need to succeed
- HubSpot’s State of Inbound 2014 report – 5 key takeaways for marketers
Read more about my blogging and social media experience.
In 2016, I created my first eBook – 9 Ways to Zen Your Home with Crystals – a lead magnet designed to entice visitors to sign up to my newsletter list on A Surplice of Spirit. To date, over 500 people have downloaded the eBook.
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to tailor communications to audience
- Strong researching skills
- Strong interviewing skills, with a proven ability to uncover key insights
- Proven ability to translate complex concepts into plain English
- A passion for writing and creating engaging content