I draw from over 15 years’ international experience in senior marketing roles across the technology, media and publishing, tourism and holistic therapies sectors; in global, public companies, SMEs and small start-ups.
I have broad experience in senior communications regional/global roles; including marketing strategy, marketing campaign development and execution, lead generation and sales support, online and direct marketing, marketing and sales collateral development, event management, sponsorships, customer communications, advertising, public relations, investor relations and marketing team leadership.
- From August 2013 to August 2015, I lead the marketing communications team at TechnologyOne. I was part of the team which relaunched and rebranded the corporate website and intranet, I scripted and developed multiple corporate videos, managed communications and multimedia requirements for the company’s largest ever user conference (1,600+ delegates), developed the company’s content marketing strategy, was instrumental in developing the social media strategy and streamlined internal processes using cloud-based tools and template-based work flows.
- In 2011-12, I worked closely with the Managing Director of GlobalX and the Leadership Team, to create new messaging for this fast-growing Australian information services company. I completely rewrote and managed the re-design of the corporate website, working closely with the in-house design team who built it. I then rolled out the new design, revamping the company’s trade show signage and marketing collateral in preparation for the ten trade shows and national PPSR road show I successfully managed in 2011. I also developed the company’s content strategy, and successfully managed the redevelopment of several GlobalX websites including, UrbisPro.com.au and openpractice.com.au.
- In 2010, I was directly involved in all aspects of the Australian launch of mylocalsalon, an online hair and beauty services directory developed by Shortcuts Software. I gained valuable experience in SEO/SEM, social media strategy and community engagement through close liaison with, and management of, the agencies we commissioned to manage the social media and PR launch of the site.
- Having identified a knowledge gap in the holistic therapies industry, I founded Revive Holistic Marketing in 2009, and developed marketing workshops and networking events which were accredited by several industry associations. My marketing strategies generated revenue from multiple sales channels including training, events, consulting and copywriting.
- During my time at Factiva, I was responsible at a local level for the extension of the Factiva brand, promoting Factiva’s solutions and supporting the sales process. As well as understanding Factiva’s local customers, competition and market opportunities, I was responsible for implementing global and regional marketing and PR campaigns, and creating and executing local campaigns.
I truly believe that content marketing is the future of marketing and have been actively following its adoption over the last 5 years.
- Since January 2016, I have developed and executed the content strategy for my business, A Surplice of Spirit. Using the inbound marketing approach, this business is now generating thousands of dollars a month in revenue. As well as planning, creating and curating all of the written, visual, video and audio content that appears on the site and across my social media accounts, I also have sole responsibility for the management of, and engagement with a 14,000+engaged community of crystal lovers.
- Developed content strategy (including creation and curation), editorial calendar and content templates for my Highflying Marketers blog, which has allowed me to post written and visual content regularly about target topics such as career development, industry trends and news, personal development, productivity, marketing tools and resources.
- Developed and lead the content strategies at TechnologyOne and GlobalX, working with various stakeholders to ensure content for both internal and external content was created and delivered to maximise reach and impact.
- Brought inhouse, the development of customer case studies at TechnologyOne, to ensure a range of pieces including case studies, articles, social media posts, infographics and imagery could be created and repurposed from the initial customer interview.
- I’m a Copyblogger Certified Content Marketer, and a member of Copyblogger Authority, which keeps me up to date with the latest developments in content marketing.
Digital marketing/inbound marketing
- Substantial experience in large scale website design and development, managing multiple redevelopment projects at GlobalX (read more in this section), TechnologyOne and in my own businesses.
- Passionate about all aspects of digital marketing and am constantly reading, listening to podcasts and doing online courses to keep up to speed with the ever-changing tools and techniques. My Top 10 outlines some of the resources I use to keep up to date with the various aspects of digital marketing.
- Sound knowledge of affiliate marketing.
- Hold a range of qualifications and certifications including the Hubspot Inbound Certification, which assesses knowledge of the core elements of the inbound marketing methodology.
Team leadership and development
- I have been managing marketing and communications teams and agencies for over 10 years.
- Proven ability to pull together a team, build rapport and mentor and coach team both junior and senior members appropriately.
- Constantly strive to identify and streamline processes and automate repetitive tasks to ensure maximum productivity and output.
- I champion information sharing amongst team members and departments, and constantly seek cost effective ways of educating team members.
- Experienced in managing, coaching and mentoring marketers, writers, designers, digital marketers – from interns to manager-level.
Key marketing skills
- Experience in both in-house ad and agency environments
- Experience of B2B and B2C customer engagement
- Proven ability to plan and execute go-to-market activities that support business goals
- The ability to be both strategic and creative
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify genuine insights, and the knowledge to capitalise on them
- Experience delivering communications across a range of different integrated channels
- Proven ability to manage and brief external agencies and suppliers to deliver desired business outcomes
- Passionate about, and experienced with writing for print, online, social and multimedia
- Highly developed communications skills and the ability to work effectively with executives, colleagues, agencies, suppliers and partners
- Substantial experience in designing and executing corporate events, trade shows, round tables and webinars to support marketing objectives
- Proven ability to align marketing activities with sales objectives, and build strong relationships with sales teams
Technical marketing skills
I am proficient with, and frequently use, a range of tools and applications typically required by marketing professionals, including:
- Email marketing programs such as Vision6, Exact Target, iContact and MailChimp (intermediate level knowledge)
- Content management systems such as Squiz, Dot Net Nuke and Sitefinity (general level knowledge)
- Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools and other website performance tools such as GT Metrix and Pingdom (intermediate level knowledge)
- Google AdSense, Google Adwords and Google Alerts (intermediate level knowledge)
- Media monitoring and research tools such as Factiva, Isentia and Slice Media (expert level knowledge)
- CRM systems such as Microsoft CRM and Salesforce (general level knowledge)
- Social media and blogging tools – read more here
- Adobe Creative Cloud suite, particularly Adobe Photoshop CC (intermediate level knowledge)
- Productivity tools such as Evernote, Asana (expert level knowledge)
- Microsoft Office suite (expert level knowledge)
- Google’s enterprise tools including Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets (intermediate level knowledge)
- I’m passionate about experimenting with new software, apps and technologies and frequently use my personal platforms to test such tools