I have broad corporate communications experience, with specific experience in public relations, investor relations and internal communications. I work effectively and professionally with executives and colleagues at every level, media, analysts, investors, agencies, suppliers and other key stakeholders.
I have over 10 years experience in global public relations, both in-house and agency side; including developing and implementing global and local PR campaigns, managing geographically dispersed external agencies and PR teams; media, analyst and community relations, CEO and executive support, reputation and crisis management, message development, award submissions and speaking engagements.
Amongst other projects, I have managed or provided support for the external communications surrounding public listings, company acquisitions, executive departures, redundancies and numerous strategic product launches.
- Researched, evaluated and onboarded a new specialist Tech PR agency to better serve TechnologyOne’s future PR requirements in Australia and New Zealand.
- Raised awareness of my own marketing consultancy, Revive securing media coverage and placed articles in industry association journals.
- Secured regular speaking opportunities at massage schools and other industry events as a way of building my personal brand while I ran Revive Holistic Marketing.
- My PR initiatives saw Factiva’s UK, French and German media coverage double each year in 2005 and 2006. The quality of coverage also improved, with a higher percentage of thought-leadership pieces, including features and by-lined articles, successfully placed each year.
- Spearheaded global Factiva Indexes initiatives, launching them into the UK, Europe and Asia Pacific. Coverage generated from these initiatives represented 15% of Factiva’s global coverage in 2005 and 20% of coverage in 2006; with 80% of this coverage being in Tier 1 business and trade media.
- Was awarded the Factiva Circle of Excellence Award, the highest global employee recognition award, in September 2006. My work on Factiva Indexes was specifically recognised in this peer-nominated award.
- Developed, wrote and placed numerous bylined articles on behalf of executives at Integrated Research, Oracle Australia, Toshiba Australia, Factiva, to drive thought leadership.
I have 2 years investor relations experience at TechnologyOne (ASX: TNE), Australia’s largest enterprise software company and a member of the ASX-200. I also provided communications support at Integrated Research (ASX: IRI) during the company’s ASX listing in 2000.
- Successfully lead the Investor Relations function to meet all legal and regulatory commitments.
- Developed financial communications and related ASX announcements.
- Oversaw production of two sets of annual and half year reports.
- Managed investor and analyst communications and inbound enquiries.
- Coordinated Annual General Meetings and results roadshows.
Virtually all of my marketing and public relations roles have involved an internal communications component, whether I have developed the internal comms myself, or have worked closely with a dedicated internal comms team. Projects for which I have managed internal communications include: acquisitions, redundancies, office moves, system changes, product launches, fundraising, community projects and general change management. Some key projects include:
- Assisted in the design, delivery and rollout of a half-day messaging workshop which now forms part of TechnologyOne’s Orientation Week.
- Managed the in-house team which designed and developed TechnologyOne’s new corporate Intranet; developed ongoing content strategy for the Intranet.
- Oversaw the redevelopment of “TechnologyOne TV”, which pushes content out to internal screens in 14 locations throughout Australia and New Zealand; decentralised updating processes, which removed single points of failure and resulted in far more timely updates.
- Managed the team which coordinated an annual internal fundraising appeal, raising over $55,000 including company matched donations.
- Provided communications support to the Internal Communications team at Factiva during Dow Jones’ buyout of Factiva from Reuters.
- Demonstrated ability to develop targeted communications and all of the relevant elements to inform and engage key stakeholders
- Understanding of various communications channels and tools to ensure messages are delivered with maximum consistency and impact
- Ability to develop and align internal and external messages to deliver desired business outcomes
- Ability to guide and advise executive and senior stakeholders to enhance leadership communications and effectiveness
- Ability to provide advice about potential communication solutions and experience in briefing, managing and supervising suppliers
- Development of executive presentations, speeches and briefing documents
- Paid freelance writing experience both for publications and clients
- Ability to write for all mediums including print, online, multimedia
- Post graduate qualifications in journalism