As well as my marketing, writing and communications experience, I’m a passionate advocate for natural health, and am a qualified shamanic crystal healing and Reiki practitioner, and massage therapist. I have combined these passions though my business, A Surplice of Spirit, where I write about and sell crystals, cards and all things mystical via my online Gift Shop, and facilitate small group events.
I have built this business entirely through my own content marketing initiatives, and it has been consistently generating thousands of dollars in revenue each month, since launch.
- Launched the business on 1 January 2016.
- I built the entire Surplice of Spirit website, set up the WooCommerce shopping and appointment booking functionality, integrated the payments system and continue to manage all technical aspects of the site.
- I create (and curate) all of the content across the blog and social media platforms, including 4-5 daily Facebook and Instagram posts, one long form blog post and newsletter a week, and videos.
- Having had zero retail experience, I now manage the purchasing, warehousing and logistics of all my stock (from multiple suppliers around Australia and around the world), and pack and dispatch all orders in a timely manner.
- Since launching the business, I have grown a highly engaged tribe of crystal lovers on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (35,000+ followers in total) and an email list in the hundreds.
- I currently have an average 5-star rating on my Facebook page and more than 50% of customers become repeat customers within the first two months of purchasing something from me.
- In May 2016, I launched a series of small group events around Chakras & Crystals and have collaborated with other healing practitioners on joint events.
- In September 2017, I developed, produced and launched my first self-paced online course, Creative Crystal Grids Online Workshop.